BCLS offers free exam proctoring services to assist students with the completion of their educational degree requirements.
- Students may request an exam proctor either by phone or in-person. Once approved, the student will be contacted by phone to coordinate testing time(s). Only one library proctor may be assigned for each student.
- Exams may only be scheduled in conjunction with the proctor’s availability during library business hours.
- Once the proctoring request has been approved, the student must provide a Proctor Request Form or any necessary forms issued to the student by the school. Students are responsible for forwarding the completed request forms back to the school.
- It is the student’s responsibility to know exam deadlines and to contact the proctor to schedule their exam(s). Students must call ahead to reserve a private study room for the exam due to limited availability.
- The student must bring photo ID on the test date to confirm their identity.
- Online exams will be administered on a public computer. If a student would like to use their personal laptop, then the student must obtain confirmation from the school prior to the exam date.
- Once a proctor is assigned to a student, that assignment will end six months after the last proctored exam. Students may arrange ahead of time for an extension.
- Exams can be received by the library through email, the US Postal Service, FedEx and UPS.
- Once the exam is complete, proctors will return the exams directly to the school by US Postal Service or by other ground delivery services if a prepaid envelope is provided.
- If a postage paid envelope is not provided by the school, the student will be charged $1 per test to cover postage fees.
- BCLS is not responsible for the content of exams that are emailed to the proctor, nor for completed tests once they have been mailed.