The Museum Pass program provides customers the opportunity to visit a variety of attractions and enjoy the wonderful arts, culture and education that our area has to offer. This program is sponsored by the library and the various Friends groups associated with each location.
Some museums may be operating with certain restrictions due to COVID-19, including mask wearing and/or providing vaccination status. These requirements may frequently change, therefore it is important to visit each museum’s website for the most up to date requirements prior to reserving a pass.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, many of our museum partners are now also requiring Timed Tickets for entry. A Timed Ticket must be reserved for the same date as your museum pass reservation. Once you reserve a pass on the library’s website, click the link to the museum’s website to reserve your Timed Ticket.
- You must ensure that there are time slots available from the museum’s website prior to making your museum pass reservation.
- If you arrive at the museum with a printable pass but have not reserved a Timed Ticket, you will not be admitted to the museum.
If you have reserved a printable pass however are unable to reserve a Timed Ticket for the same day, you must contact your local library to cancel your reservation and reschedule for a different date.
How do I reserve a museum pass?
Using the links above, you can place a reservation as early as today or as far as 45 days in advance. Reservations can also be made by calling your local library.
Where do I pick up a museum pass?
When reserving a physical museum pass, select the library location from which you would like to borrow the membership pass. Passes must be picked up and returned only at the location from which it was borrowed.
Printable museum passes may be printed from anywhere and do not need to be picked up at a library location.
Is there a charge to borrow a pass?
There is no charge to borrow a museum pass.
How many passes may I reserve per day? How many each month?
One museum pass may be reserved per day, per card. Each museum may be reserved one time per month, and up to five different passes may be reserved in a calendar month.
Do I need my library card to pick up the pass?
Yes, you will need to present the library card that you used when reserving the pass to pick it up.
How do I get the pass?
- For Printable passes: These can be printed from anywhere and anytime and must be taken to the museum on the Day of Use. You do not need to pick up or return these passes to the library. Your name and the date of your reservation will appear on the pass.
- For Physical passes: These may be picked up at the library beginning at 3 pm the day prior to the “Day of Use” and must be returned by 11 am the day after the “Day of Use”. For example, if the “Day of Use” is Friday, the pass may be picked up beginning at 3 pm on Thursday through closing on Friday, and returned by 11 am on Saturday. Please check library hours of operation before picking up a pass.
- New York City passes (Brooklyn Botanical Garden, Guggenheim, Museum of Modern Art) can be returned two days after the “Day of Use” to allow for extended travel time.
What happens if I do not pick up my reserved pass?
Reservations canceled the day before or the day of the “Day of Use” will be considered a No Show. Because demand for passes is extremely high, two No Shows in a 60 day period may result in a two month block on museum pass reservations.
Can I cancel my reservations?
- For Printable passes: Printable pass reservations must be canceled by calling your local library.
- For Physical passes: Cardholders may click here, log into their “My Account” and cancel a reservation. Physical pass reservations may also be canceled by calling your local library. Reservations may be canceled up to two days before the Day of Use.
Where can I return a museum pass?
- A Museum Pass must be returned only to the location from which it was borrowed.
- Passes may be handed to a staff member or via the book drop.
- Passes that are due on Sundays need to be returned at 1pm, if the library has Sunday hours.
- Customers may not use the Marlton ShopRite book drop.
- Printable Museum Passes do not need to be returned.
What if I don’t return the pass on time?
A late fee for all passes is $25 per day with a maximum late fine of $75. The museum pass lost fee is the cost of the pass. This fee varies, depending on the pass.