Customers entering our buildings are required to wear masks at all times. Thank you!
BCLS offers free notary public services for the benefit of the residents of our community. To ensure the availability of a notary, please call ahead. In person Notary Service is available at the Burlington County Library, Bordentown, Cinnaminson, Evesham, Maple Shade, Pinelands and Pemberton library locations.
The following guidelines will be followed in the provision of Notary Service:
- Library notaries are scheduled during the library's hours of operation. Notary service is not available thirty (30) minutes prior to the time of closing.
- It is recommended that customers seeking notary service call the library prior to their visit to ensure that a notary is available at that time.
- Notary service is provided on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Notary service on evenings and weekends is by appointment only.
- Government issued photo identification is required of any customer seeking notary service.
- Notary service is limited to three (3) documents per person, per visit.
- The library will not provide witnesses, and witnesses may not be solicited from customers using the library. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must personally know the person whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification.
- Documents in any language other than English will not be notarized at any of our facilities.
- New Jersey law requires that a notary and the customer seeking notarization be able to communicate directly with each other. Library notaries are not permitted to make use of a translator to communicate with a notary service customer.
- Notary service is not available for deeds, wills, living wills, living trusts, codicils, mortgages or depositions.
- Certain public documents cannot be copied and notarized. Examples of these are birth certificates, death certificates, marriage certificates, passports and divorce documents.
- In accordance with New Jersey Notarial Law, notaries will not provide service if the customer, document or circumstances of the request for notary service raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty for the library. In this event, the library notary may, at his/her sole discretion, decline to provide notary service.
The State of New Jersey now allows for Remote Notarizations. This service must scheduled in advance and is only available at the Burlington County and Evesham locations. Email requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.