This service is temporarily unavailable. Please read our full Health and Safety update.
The Museum Pass program provides customers the opportunity to visit a variety of attractions and enjoy the wonderful arts, culture and education that our area has to offer. This program is sponsored by the library and the various Friends groups associated with each branch.
How do I reserve a museum pass?
Using the links below, you can place a reservation as early as today or as far as 45 days in advance. Reservations can also be made by calling your local library.
Where do I pick up a museum pass?
A museum pass must be picked up and returned only at the location from which it was borrowed.
Is there a charge to borrow a pass?
There is no charge to borrow a museum pass.
How many passes may I reserve per day? How many each month?
One museum pass may be reserved per day, per card. Each museum may be reserved one time per month, and up to five different passes may be reserved in a calendar month.
Do I need my library card to pick up the pass?
Yes, you will need to present the library card that you used when reserving the pass to pick it up.
How do I get the pass?
- Physical passes may be picked up at the library beginning at 3pm the day prior to the Day of Use and should be returned by 11am the day after the Day of Use (i.e. if the Day of Use is Friday the pass may be picked up beginning at 3pm on Thursday through closing on Friday and returned by 11am on Saturday.) Please check library hours of operation before picking up a pass.
- Reservations for Academy of Natural Sciences, Garden State Discovery Museum, Independence Seaport Museum, Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum, Mütter Museum, National Liberty Museum, National Museum of American Jewish History, Woodford Cedar Run, WheatonArts, The Frick Collection, Morven Museum and Garden as well as the Philadelphia Insectarium and Butterfly Pavilion may be downloaded and displayed on your smartphone or by printing a day pass when you place a reservation. Printed Passes do not need to be returned.
What happens if I do not pick up my reserved pass?
Reservations canceled the day before or the day of the Day of Use will be considered a No Show. Because demand for passes is extremely high, two No Shows in a 60 day period may result in a two month block on museum pass reservations.
Can I cancel my reservations?
Reservations may be canceled up to two days before the Day of Use. Cardholders may cancel online or by calling the library.
Where can I return a museum pass?
- A Museum Pass must be returned only to the location from which it was borrowed.
- Passes may be handed to a staff member or via the book drop.
- Passes that are due on Sundays need to be returned at 1pm, if the library has Sunday hours.
- Customers may not use the County Complex, Marlton ShopRite and Moorestown Mall kiosk book drops.
What if I don't return the pass on time?
A late fee for all passes is $25 per day with a maximum late fine of $75. The museum pass lost fee is the cost of the pass. This fee varies, depending on the pass.