The Museum Pass program is a service provided by the Burlington County Library System that enables customers to visit several area museums and gardens. It’s a great way for friends and families to enjoy education, cultural enrichment and fun. This service is sponsored by the Friends of the Library for the host libraries sponsoring this program. The passes are available to all members.
Who can check out a museum pass?
All Burlington County Library System full-service cardholders in good standing are eligible to check out a museum pass. Passes are on a first come, first served basis.
Where can I pick up a museum pass?
Museum passes must be picked up and returned only at the location in which they are housed.
Can I reserve a museum pass for pick-up?
Museum passes cannot be reserved. However, with advance notice, the pass can be held for one hour. Phone your local library.
Where can I return a museum pass?
Do not return your museum pass to any book drop. Museum passes must be returned only to the location from which it was borrowed. Please hand your plastic case directly to a staff member. Please be sure that the museum pass is returned with the case.
How many museum passes can I borrow?
Passes are available to eight area museums and gardens. Amenities vary, depending on the museum. A family may check out a pass for each museum only once in six months. The participating museums are as follows:
- Garden State Discovery Museum: Admits six people and will entitle you to a 15% discount in the Discovermore Toy Store. (Access to 150 museums nationwide is NOT available to Library Pass customers.)
- National Liberty Museum: Admits six people and will entitle you to a 10% discount in the museum gift shop.
- Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts: Admits two adults and all children in your household under the age of 18.
- Morris Arboretum: Admits two adults and up to four children.
- Grounds for Sculpture: Admits four people.
- Battleship NJ Admits two adults and three children.
- Roebling Museum Admits two adults and all children in the household under the age of 18.
- Academy of Natural Sciences Admits two adults and up to five children in the same household.
What information is provided with a museum pass?
Museum passes are encased in a plastic case with several clear plastic inserts that include the actual pass and information about the museum you have chosen to visit. Plus, information is included about The County "Passport” program entitled, In Your Own Backyard – Passport to Historic and Natural Burlington County.
How long can I keep a museum pass?
A museum pass may be checked out for four days.
What if I don’t return the pass on time?
A late fee of $5/day will apply with a maximum late fine of $25. There will be a $5 fee for losing or damaging the case. The museum pass lost fee is the cost of the pass. This fee varies, depending on the pass.