The Burlington County Library System is so lucky to have a team with wide-ranging knowledge and diverse interests. While many customers may know the names and faces of librarians at their local branch, we want to take the time to introduce more of our staff from around the system. So, each month we'll feature a different staff member from one of our locations. Take a moment to learn more about our team and explore their favorite things from our collection of books, movies, and much more.
Hello to all BCLS users! My name is Lisa Dunfee and I am a youth services librarian at the County Library. I want to talk to you about what I do for BCLS, but first I’ll give you some fun facts about me:
- Being a librarian is not my first career. I was a nail technician and hairdresser for more than 20 years!
- I have two children who love reading books, especially ones written by Stephen King!
- I received my master’s degree in library science at Rutgers University in early 2014.
- I love to garden and bake!
- I have a dog named Lightning who has awards in obedience training but tries to eat all the strawberries in my garden!
- My favorite illustrators are David Catrow, Suzanne Bloom, and Mercer Mayer. I like their use of vibrant colors and whimsical drawings.
So, what do I do here at BCLS? I plan programs for babies, toddlers, and children who have special sensory needs. I also work with a group of librarians who plan our ABC STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) programs. I like to introduce educational concepts to children in a fun atmosphere in such a way that kids can feel free to experiment and explore. We use sensory play to reinforce concepts, which is why learning is “hands on” here at BCLS! You can find and register for County Library programs here!
When I am not at BCLS, I like to spend my time kayaking, walking, bike riding, or swimming when it’s warmer out. During the winter months, I walk my dog around my neighborhood so he can socialize.
So, now that you know more about me and what I do, here’s a list of my favorite books: