Customers entering our buildings are required to wear masks at all times. Thank you!
Borrow a Book Club
This service enables customers to easily organize a book discussion group for two or more people. We'll provide all of the materials to run a book club easily and at no cost to the club’s members.
How does Borrow a Book Club work?
- BABC bags may be checked out for 8 weeks
- Distribute the books to your members the first week or when your book club meets
- Note who has which numbered copy on the Facilitator's Loan Sheet
- We recommend at least 3 to 4 weeks to read the book
- Your book discussion should occur by the sixth or seventh week so you have time to collect all the copies before returning the bag to the library
What comes in every canvas Borrow a Book Club bag?
- 10 or more books of the same title
- Most bags contain both regular and large print
- A check-out/check-in sheet to help you track each copy
- Discussion questions
- Information about the story and the author
- Some bags have a DVD or audiobook
How do I reserve a bag?
- Complete and submit the BABC request form.
- List your main choice in the “Requested Title” box, but please give us a few alternatives in case your first choice is unavailable.
- The more time before your pickup date, the more likely you will have a title you want when you need it.
- Ask a staff member for assistance if you need help submitting the form.
How do I run a book discussion?
Read our Suggestions for a Successful Book Discussion for some helpful tips.
My book club likes to plan our reading choices months ahead of time, can we do this?
Absolutely. Simply fill out our contact form and we will work with you 1-on-1 to help plan and reserve titles for future months.
How long can I keep a Borrow a Book Club bag?
BABC bags may be checked out for 8 weeks with no renewals.
What if I don't return the bag on time?
The overdue fine for a BABC bag is $1.00 per day with a maximum fine of $15.00.
From Kristin Hannah comes an epic novel of love, heroism and hope, set against the backdrop of the Dust Bowl era of Great Depression. An indelible portrait of America and the American Dream, as seen through the eyes of one indomitable woman whose courage and sacrifice will come to define a generation.
Cicely Tyson, the Academy, Tony, and Emmy Award-winning actor and trailblazer tells her stunning story, looking back at her life and six-decade career.
For four very different women, winning a BBC radio contest presents a crucial chance to change their lives in the midst of World War II.
In Zara Raheem's fresh, funny, smart debut, a young, Muslim-American woman is given three months to find the right husband or else her traditional Indian parents will find one for her.
A novel about faith, science, religion, and family that tells the deeply moving portrait of a family of Ghanaian immigrants ravaged by depression and addiction and grief, narrated by a fifth year candidate in neuroscience at Stanford school of medicine studying the neural circuits of reward seeking behavior in mice.
A life-affirming anthem to kindness and self-sacrifice. We take journeys to explore exotic new places and to return to the comforts of home, to visit old acquaintances and to make new friends. But the most important journey is the one that shows us how to follow our hearts.