Just want to stay home, wrap yourself in a cozy blanket and catch up on your reading this winter? Swing by the Burlington County Library to stock up on some gently used titles at the Friends of the Library’s first book/media sale of the year. Set for Feb. 2 to Feb. 5, the sale will feature thousands of items to choose from, including books by your favorite authors, DVD movies and more.
In addition, a preview sale offered to Friends members only will be held on Thursday, Feb. 2 from 4 to 6 pm. (Become a Friends member at the door for $15 per person, $20 per family, or $10 per senior or senior family. It’s a great way to support your local library.)
During the winter sale, stock up on a wide variety of fiction and nonfiction titles organized by category, most priced at just $1 each, including books about art, history, cooking, religion, the military, biographies and more. DVDs will sell for $2 each and CDs for $1 each. In the “special cart area,” shoppers will find a nice selection of books about gardening, crafts and more, each priced at $2.50 and up. And in the children’s area, a variety of games, movies, storybooks, comics and Harry Potter titles, as well as homeschool and parent/teacher materials, will be available.
- A huge collection of origami books and project sets for all levels of skills, including many geared for children, priced at $1 and up.
- A large collection of aviation books donated by a private collector, including many in like-new condition, priced at $2.50 and up.
- Hundreds of automotive coffee table books focusing on luxury cars, race cars, motorcycles, manufacturers and more priced at $2.50 and up.
- A selection of decoy carving books, most priced ta $2.50 and up, donated by a craftsman.
- Comics and graphic fiction for young adults and adults.
- Hundreds of large format art books reduced to $1 each to make room for more inventory.
- Roughly 200 vinyl records, including country and western titles, priced at $1 each.
Shoppers are encouraged to arrive early to find the best selection. As a bonus, the first 300 paying customers at the winter sale will receive $1 coupons valid for purchases at future sales!
All book sale proceeds benefit library programming. The Friends welcome donations of new and gently used books and media for future sales. Please leave your items on the donation cart located in the rear of the Burlington County Library. (Please: no videocassettes, encyclopedias, Reader's Digest books, National Geographic magazines, or any items in poor or damaged condition.) Thanks for your support!