Ready to pack away your beach bag, grab a pumpkin spice latte, and turn your attention to some cozy fall reads? Mark your calendar for the Friends of the Library’s upcoming four-day books and media sale!
Scheduled for Sept. 14 to Sept. 17 at the Burlington County Library, the sale will feature thousands of gently used titles as well as a wide selection of DVDs, CDs and more!
Swing by the library’s meeting room to shop for some bargains on:
- Thursday, Sept. 14 from 6 to 8:30 pm
- Friday, Sept. 15 from 9 am to 8:30 pm
- Saturday, Sept. 16 from 9 am to 4:30 pm
- Sunday, Sept. 17 from 1 to 4 pm
In addition, a preview sale offered to Friends members only will be held on Thursday, Sept. 14 from 4 to 6 pm. (Become a Friends member at the door for $15 per person, $20 per family, or $10 per senior or senior family. It’s a great way to support your local library.)
During the September sale, the first 300 paying customers will receive $1 coupons valid for purchases at future Friends book sales. And for $5 donations, all shoppers will be invited to take home discount shopping passes for Boscov’s. The passes will be good for 25 percent off Boscov’s merchandise during Boscov’s Friends Helping Friends Day on Wednesday, Oct. 18 during store hours (8 am to 11 pm), and there will be no limit on the number of passes available.
Get ready to stock up for the cool days ahead during the book sale that will feature a wide variety of newly donated titles being offered for the first time by the Friends. Organized by category, most of the books will be priced at just $1 each. Explore a wide variety of fiction and nonfiction titles, including books about history, cooking, art, religion, crafts, sports, gardening, travel and more. DVDs will sell for $2 each and CDs for $1 each.
Special highlights of this sale will include:
- The “children’s sale area” featuring in-demand children’s books, videos, puzzles, games, parent/teacher supplies, homeschool workbooks and movies. (Arrive early to find the best selection.)
- The “special cart area” featuring more than 1,500 volumes focusing on an array of subjects and priced at just $2.50+ each.
- A fresh selection of vintage comic books, including many in their original Mylar dust jackets, priced at $2 each, regardless of rarity.
- Hundreds of copies of sheet music from a collector’s collection, including many classical songs that will be priced at 25 cents each.
- A nice selection of puzzles for adults priced at $1+ each.
- Audiobooks, most from the library’s own collection, priced at $2 each.
- And a large selection of phonograph records in all formats (78, 33 1/3, 45 RPM) that will sell for $1 each.
All book sale proceeds benefit library programming. The Friends welcome donations of new and gently used books and media for future sales. Please leave your items on the “donation cart” located in the rear of the Burlington County Library. (Please: no video cassettes, encyclopedias, Reader's Digest books, National Geographic magazines, or any items in poor or damaged condition.) Thanks for your support!