The AARP Tax-Aide Program offers free tax help for taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention to those age 60 and over. Please call the library or choose a location below to schedule your appointment.
This year AARP tax preparation will be done with a drop off and pick-up the same day option. Clients will drop off their documents and after the interview, they will come back later that same day.
Please bring the following documents:
- IRS Intake Form (please download and fill out)
- Copy of your 2020 tax return
- Your Photo ID
- Bank routing and account number for direct deposit of refund
- SSA-1099 Social Security form if receiving Social Security
- or Social Security card for each individual listed on the return; including children
- W-2 forms, unemployment, 1099 forms, pensions (1099R), annuities
- Copy of 2019 return if client anticipates an earned income credit and their 2019 income was greater than 2021
- IRS Letter 6475 with the amount of 3rd Economic Impact Payment (3rd Stimulus check) received earlier this year
- IRS Letter 6419 with the amount of Advance Child Tax credit received
- All other income forms and all other evidence of deductions
AARP requires masks for all appointments.