The Burlington County Library System is so lucky to have a team with wide-ranging knowledge and diverse interests. While many customers may know the names and faces of librarians at their local branch, we want to take the time to introduce more of our staff from around the system.
Hello! I’m Miss Jaimie and I’m a youth services librarian at the Maple Shade Library. Although I was an academic librarian for nearly a decade, I joined the BCLS team just this year. I spend most of my time overseeing the youth services department, which serves customers ages 18 and under. I find it very fulfilling to organize and host programs such as story times, crafts and movies, and to perform outreach services. Serving the wonderful children who visit our library and working with my amazing colleagues always brings a huge smile to my face.
Although I may be a youth services librarian, I like to think of myself as a lipstick librarian. If you’re scratching your head wondering what that means…wonder no more! It means I have a true passion for a good book but also LOVE fashion and beauty! If you took a peek in my (designer) purse, you’d probably find the latest issue of Vogue, my makeup favorites and a good book. How glamorous? Right! Not only can I show you where to find Suzanne Collins’ latest novel, but I can also teach you how to style your outfit to impress!!
When I’m not at the Maple Shade Library, I enjoy visiting museums (especially art museums), traveling, spending time with family and friends, watching HGTV, trying new cuisines and biking in the Pine Barrens.
Here are some other fun facts about me:
- During my early teenage years, I lived in Keflavik, Iceland.
- I hold a graduate degree in art history.
- My favorite type of art is abstract expressionism, specifically the work of artists Mark Rothko and Ad Reinhardt.
- As a child, I played librarian. My loved ones were issued homemade cards and allowed to borrow books from my personal collection. I did charge late fees.
- I have met authors Judy Blume and Ann Martin.
- My favorite cuisine is Indian.
- My favorite music genre is disco.
- I have been to Disneyland twice, but I have never been to Disney World.
- I climbed the Mayan temple Xunantunich in Belize.
- The Louvre in Paris is my favorite place in the world.