- Access Flipster online using the web browser of your computer or mobile device.
- Offline viewing available via the Flipster app for iPads and iPhones, Android Phones and Tablets, and side-loaded to Kindle Fire Tablets.
- Search by title, keyword, or browse by category (available in three platforms, coming soon in Android).
How do you access Flipster?
Via a computer, tablet, or phone:
Click on the Flipster link on your library’s website, enter your library card information and access a site where you can browse available magazines. You can then click on a magazine to view it within your browser. This means that you can access Flipster from any library computer, your home computer, your phone, or your tablet, as long as you are connected to the Internet.
The Flipster app:
The Flipster app offers offline viewing of downloaded content on your mobile devices. To download the free Flipster app, search the App Store or the Google Play for "Flipster - Digital Magazines".
- Locate participating libraries
- Browse for and download popular magazines to read offline
- Access digital table of contents for each magazine
- Read articles in text view
- Tap highlighted areas to jump to articles and related websites
- Track percentage of magazine read
The Flipster Home screen is the default search screen and offers the ability to search for titles by keyword, as well as browse by Category, Latest Issues, and All Issues.
To create a Basic Keyword Search:
- From the Home Screen, enter your search terms in the Find field and click Search. A Result List of magazines that match your search is displayed.
- Click on a title or the Read This Issue link to read it in the Flipster viewer.