On the hunt for a few holiday bargains? The Friends of the Burlington County Library, Inc. have scheduled another fabulous book sale just in time for the gift-giving season – and you’re invited! Grab your shopping bag and swing by the library’s meeting room Dec. 1 to Dec. 4 to browse hundreds of gently used books, DVDs, CDs and more.
In addition, a preview sale offered to Friends members only will be held on Thursday, Dec. 1 from 4 to 6 pm. (Become a Friends member at the door for $15 per person, $20 per family, or $10 per senior or senior family. It’s a great way to support your local library.)
During the December sale, look for a wide variety of fiction and nonfiction titles organized by category, most priced at just $1 each, including books about art, history, cooking, religion, the military, biographies and more. DVDs will sell for $2 each and CDs for $1 each. Shoppers will also find a nice selection of books in the “special cart area,’’ each priced at $2.50 and up, as well as a children’s area featuring books, videos, puzzles and parent/teacher materials.
- A huge collection of origami books and project sets for all levels of skills, including many geared for children, priced at $1 and up.
- A large collection of aviation books donated by a private collector, including many in like-new condition, priced at $2.50 and up.
- Hundreds of automotive coffee table books focusing on luxury cars, race cars, motorcycles, car manufacturers and more priced at $2.50 and up.
- Hundreds of books about Christmas, including fiction titles and books about cooking and crafts, priced at $1 each.
- Books for collectors of art, antiques, coins, fine china and more.
All book sale proceeds benefit library programming. The Friends welcome donations of new and gently used books and media for future sales. Please leave your items on the donation cart located in the rear of the Burlington County Library. (Please: no video cassettes, encyclopedias, Reader's Digest books, National Geographic magazines, or any items in poor or damaged condition.) Thanks for your support!