Are you between the ages of 13-17? Do you enjoy being in an awesome, community-centered environment like the library and helping out for fun? Or perhaps you’re looking to fulfill required National Honor Society volunteer hours for school? Well then, all you have to do to get started is fill out an application, have your parents/guardians sign a waiver, and we’ll reach out to schedule your first day!
So, what does a teen volunteer do? Every day can be different! Volunteer opportunities vary from branch to branch depending on the need, but some potential tasks may include:
- Shelf reading, which is making sure the items on the shelf are in order and neatly arranged
- Craft preparation for grab-n-go’s or make-n-take crafts, such as cutting paper, bagging supplies, etc.
- Clerical duties as needed
- Offering input or feedback about teen events
- Participating in teen advisory board meetings with other teens to possibly plan future teen events, craft prep etc.
- Helping with system-wide or large-scale events, whatever the need may be
We are also open to new volunteering ideas, so bring your creative spark and open mind and together we’ll think of something that aligns with your individual skills and interests.
We hope to see you in the library soon!