The Burlington County Library System is so lucky to have a team with wide-ranging knowledge and diverse interests. While many customers may know the names and faces of librarians at their local branch, we want to take the time to introduce more of our staff from around the system.
Hi! I’m Naju Webb Johnson, an adult services librarian at the Burlington County Library. I’ve always loved working with the community and BCLS is a perfect place to expand on that. Since I came on board in July 2019, I’ve been busy teaching tech classes, creating content for readers advisory, maintaining our online calendar of events, answering reference questions and teaming up with my colleagues to plan a new series of programs geared toward "New Adults."
When I’m not working, I can be found making fusion sushi, getting lost in a science-fiction or fantasy story, or obsessing over television shows that showcase the talents of creative people! My interest is piqued the moment someone starts crafting something, remodeling a house, cooking a meal or even upgrading a car. I find inspiration in the creativity and do my best to bring that energy back to the library.
Fun facts about me:
- My mom made up my name.
- While in college, I lived in Mexico for almost a year.
- I speak Spanish.
- I am transgender.
- My great grandparents met on the set of a Hitchcock film (I’m not sure which one).
- I have a really big extended family, including cousins more than twenty years younger than me and an aunt only six months older than me.
- I learned the basic rules of football from an anime. I needed all the help I could get.
- I have more than a hundred Star Trek tie-in novels, comics and nonfiction companions in my personal collection.
- I like to pretend my living room is the observation deck on a very small space station.
- My dad read The Lord of the Rings aloud to me when I was 3, and I’ve been a sci-fi/fantasy nerd ever since.