The Burlington County Library System is so lucky to have a team with wide-ranging knowledge and diverse interests. While many customers may know the names and faces of librarians at their local branch, we want to take the time to introduce more of our staff from around the system.
Hey, everyone! I’m Rosy Wagner, the Teen Services Librarian for BCLS. I’ve been here since March of 2016, and I’m so happy to work and live in Burlington County. I first became a librarian for teens while I was completing my master’s degree at Drexel University in 2010.
Here’s a little bit more about me:
- I was an English major at Rowan University with no idea what I was going to do once I graduated when I walked into the children’s section of the Enoch Pratt Free Library in Baltimore and was struck speechless. That’s when I knew I had found my calling.
- While suffering from very bad anxiety last year, I discovered a solution in daily meditation which has completely changed my life.
- My favorite story of all time is Cinderella. Not just Disney’s Cinderella, all versions of the tale! There are many beautiful retellings out there, but they all share the theme of a kind-hearted girl overcoming her terrible circumstances and finding happiness.
- I love shopping malls; for some reason, they put me at ease.
- Some of my best friends are other teen librarians I’ve met through the New Jersey Library Association (where I am currently the President of the Young Adult Services Section)!
My job brings me joy every day. Not only do I love young adult literature (reading it, ordering it for the library, and recommending titles), I’m passionate about bringing great library services to teens. A community’s needs are continually changing, though, and I am always open to new ideas and learning opportunities. Don’t hesitate to reach out to me about programs, resources, or collaboration!