The Burlington County Library System is so lucky to have a team with wide-ranging knowledge and diverse interests. While many customers may know the names and faces of librarians at their local branch, we want to take the time to introduce more of our staff from around the system.
Hello friends and fellow bibliophiles. I am Ms. Holly, the children’s librarian at the Evesham Library. I have loved libraries all my life and have been working in one for the past 12 years. This is a second career for me that began at the Cherry Hill Library, and I joined the Burlington County Library System almost 10 years ago. I love being a librarian. Working with books and people all day is kind of wonderful. Choosing new books for the children’s department, going to outreach events in the community, planning Summer Reading, helping patrons and creating programs for children and teens are some of the things I do each day. I offer preschool story times, cooking classes, arts and crafts and teen special needs programs. Each day is different!
- Growing up, I lived around the corner from a library.
- I listen to audio books every chance I get – even in the grocery store, using the library’s handy Libby app.
- Historical fiction is my favorite genre, which probably explains why I minored in history in college.
- I lived in France for a year and love exploring new places … near and far.
- My family has a cat named Rocket, who is named after one of my favorite children’s books. (But, please don’t tell him his namesake is a dog.)
- Sometimes I read the last page of a book first.
- I think the most valuable card in your wallet is your library card!