The Burlington County Library System is so lucky to have a team with wide-ranging knowledge and diverse interests. While many customers may know the names and faces of librarians at their local branch, we want to take the time to introduce more of our staff from around the system.
Hi! I’m Miss Theresa and I’m the Youth Services Librarian at the Pemberton Library. This summer, I celebrated my 20th year working here. I’ve loved every moment, from having events for kids to creating new programs for all ages. I started by shelving books as a student assistant in high school and I loved my library so much I couldn’t leave so I decided to get my master’s degree to become a librarian!
My favorite things about my job are giving book recommendations to parents trying to find great books for their children, helping kids who are learning to read find their favorite new series and story times. Every day working to meet the needs of my community is different and there’s always something new to learn.
Fun facts about me:
- I’m a craft wizard. I can crochet, knit, cross-stitch, sew, etc. I’d keep you warm with blankets and sweaters in an apocalypse. You can find me at the library almost every Monday night hosting a Knit/Crochet Club where I teach beginners.
- Speaking of wizardry, I'm a Ravenclaw. What Hogwarts house are you?
- I’m crazy about the environment and am always seeking ways to leave it better for the kids who come to my programs.
- When I’m not at the library or crafting, I love playing video games. My favorite game to play is anything Legend of Zelda. I haven’t beaten Breath of the Wild yet because I keep restarting the game. I’m not ready for it to be over!
- Historical/adventure middle grade fiction is my favorite genre. Adventures with kid protagonists are the best because the kids are usually smarter than any adult would be in an intense situation.
- When I first started doing story times 12 years ago, I was a nervous wreck. Now I do three story times a week and one sensory story time monthly and I can’t imagine my job without story time!