The Burlington County Library System is so lucky to have a team with wide-ranging knowledge and diverse interests. While many customers may know the names and faces of librarians at their local branch, we want to take the time to introduce more of our staff from around the system.
Hi everyone! I’m Miss Caitlin and I’m a generalist librarian at the Burlington County Library, which means I work in both the adult and youth services departments. I host story times for toddlers and special events for children. I’m also involved with adult programming, updating staff resources, creating book displays, working at the reference desk and more.
I’ve been fortunate to be part of the BCLS team since 2010 when I was in graduate school, first working as a student assistant, then as a library assistant at the Bordentown Library. In 2013, I began working at the Burlington County Library as a youth services librarian and school liaison coordinator. For more than three years, I enjoyed hosting programs for toddlers and preschoolers, and connecting schools to library resources.
In the fall of 2016, my husband and I moved to the DC area for his job and I became a youth services librarian in the Arlington Public Library System. This past spring, we decided to move back to the area to be closer to family and, luckily, there was a job opening at the Burlington County Library. Naturally, I was thrilled to have the opportunity to come back to work for BCLS in a new role!
My favorite part about working at BCLS is hosting programs for patrons of all ages, from story times, to trivia nights, to adult crafting activities.
When I’m not working at BCLS, I enjoy yoga, cooking, traveling, drawing, visiting museums, watching movies and spending time with my family.
Fun facts about me:
- I love coffee.
- I have a pug named Cooper.
- My favorite holiday is Halloween.
- I love to cook and I’m always trying new recipes.
- My favorite band is U2. I’ve seen them in concert three times.
- One of my dreams is to open an animal sanctuary.
- I’ve been practicing yoga for almost six years.
- I’m a huge Golden Girls fan! I even had a cake in the shape of Sophia Petrillo’s purse for my birthday a few years ago. I watched the original episodes as a child, although I was quite young when it aired. As an adult, I enjoy watching the reruns on TV Land and the Hallmark channel. Stay Golden, friends!
- I love being a librarian, but my first passion is art. I studied fine art and art history in college. My fine art specialty is oil painting and my favorite art movement is Baroque.
- As an undergrad, I studied abroad in Florence, Italy for six months. I studied Italian language throughout college and recently started taking classes to refresh my memory.