The Burlington County Library System is so lucky to have a team with wide-ranging knowledge and diverse interests. While many customers may know the names and faces of librarians at their local branch, we want to take the time to introduce more of our staff from around the system.
Hi, everyone! My name is Ashley Johnson. I have worked at the Cinnaminson Library for two-and-a-half years. I started as a student assistant and am now a monitor. As a monitor, I get to help customers check materials in and out, assist with programs and help decorate the children’s section of the library. I came to the library a lot as a child and teenager, and now as an employee, I love seeing other children and teenagers visit the library to take advantage of all the materials, resources and programs we offer.
Fun facts about me:
- I am in the process of obtaining a bachelor’s degree in English from Rutgers University - Camden. Before going to Rutgers, I attended Rowan College at Burlington County, where I received an associate degree.
- I belong to Delta Phi Epsilon.
- As a teenager, I loved attending teen programs and being president of my library’s Teen Advisory Board.
- I love traveling, including locally. I take a lot of day trips to Philadelphia. The library’s Museum Pass Program sometimes helps me cut down on costs.
- If musical theater counts as a genre, that’s my favorite type of music.
- I collect all things related to The Wizard of Oz.
- I enjoy all kinds of books, movies and TV shows, but I have a particular fondness for fantasy and science fiction.