The Burlington County Library System is so lucky to have a team with wide-ranging knowledge and diverse interests. While many customers may know the names and faces of librarians at their local branch, we want to take the time to introduce more of our staff from around the system.
Hi! I’m Ann Marie Latini from the Bordentown Library. I have worked here as a Youth Services Librarian for almost four years focusing on babies, toddlers and elementary age children. Prior to coming to BCLS, I worked for the Camden County Library System where my responsibilities included everything from circulation to branch manager.
I am very passionate about serving youth with special needs. Two of my children have special needs so I understand the need to advocate for them. I am working to improve our special needs collection. In addition, we have made it our 2019 goal to increase sensory programming.
Fun facts about me:
- I am a mother of four, including triplets!
- I’m looking forward to less laundry and more food as my triplets are officially committed to Rutgers New Brunswick, Rutgers Camden and Kean University for the fall.
- I have a dog named Daisy Mae and a gecko named Gordon.
- I of course love to read but I also love audiobooks! Some of my favorite books are the Harry Potter series narrated by Jim Dale.
- I grew up in the Bronx and my favorite team is still the Yankees. I even have a baseball signed by Babe Ruth!
- I can’t live without my Erin Condren planner and have convinced many members of the BCLS staff that they can’t either.
- I am a Special Olympics Young Athletes coach.
- I love to travel to new, unusual and offbeat locations. One of my favorites has been Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge, a buffalo preserve.
- I love Broadway! My newest favorite is Come from Away, based on the book The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland.
- My absolute favorite holiday pastime is watching cheesy Hallmark movies.