1350 Hornberger Avenue
Roebling, NJ 08554
The Florence Township Library has roots back to John A. Roebling & Sons. Roebling established a library for his town above the theater on Seventh and Main Streets. When the town’s houses were sold by the company, the American Legion took over running the library and it was moved to their building. A fire destroyed the Legion Hall in 1969 and the library returned to its previous location above the theater, which by then was the fire house. A committee worked diligently to restock, from scratch, the library’s collection. In 1974 the former Union Hall for the Roebling Steel Mill became available and the library moved to that location on Hornberger Avenue, where it has remained.