Did you know that instead of going to the library to borrow books and movies, you could just go to your mailbox? Our Library by Mail service can make it happen.
Formerly known as Library in a Bag, the Library by Mail service provides home delivery of requested materials to cardholders in “good standing” with less than $10 in outstanding fees/fines, and no overdue material or lost items on their accounts. And it’s easy to use. Simply request the items you want to borrow, pay a small fee (or have the fee waived by submitting Homebound Certification Form) and wait for your items to arrive in your mailbox.
It’s that easy!
Here are a few more details:
- Most items from the BCLS collection may be delivered by mail, including books, movies, audiobooks and more. (Only reference books, magazines, oversize items, Interlibrary Loan items and the Museum Passes are unavailable by mail.)
- There is a $1 per item service fee, but homebound customers who provide a completed Homebound Customer Certification form signed by a physician may have materials mailed free of charge.
- Request the items you want to borrow using our online catalog, by phone, in person or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your library materials will be delivered via United States Parcel Service and arrive in a BCLS turquoise, zippered nylon bag, or in a mailing container branded with a Library by Mail sticker.
- Return your items to any BCLS library location, the Mobile Library that makes stops throughout Burlington County, or by mail (at your own expense). Please be sure to return the turquoise, zippered bags too! And remember, overdue fines accrue if mailed materials are not returned on time.
That’s all there is to it! When you’re simply too busy or unable to visit the library, our Library by Mail service offers a convenient borrowing alternative to residents who want their items delivered right to their door.