FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Ranjna Das
DATE: Thursday, Dec. 29, 2016 Patricia Parente
(609) 267-9660, ext. 3081
KICK OFF THE NEW YEAR WITH THE BURLINGTON COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM
Learn How to Keep Those Resolutions during “31 Days of Zen”
If you’re planning to ring in the New Year with new resolve, the Burlington County Library System is ready to help!
BCLS has planned a mix of special, system-wide programs in January to help tweens, teens, and adults keep those New Year’s resolutions all year long. The library system will also celebrate “31 Days of Zen” by sharing helpful resources and tips for reaching your goals on social media each day.
Grownups are invited to learn how hypnosis can help them lose weight, release stress, and sleep through the night during special sessions offered in safe and secure library settings with a certified hypnotherapist. In addition, meditation classes, suitable even for beginners, will help participants discover techniques they can put into practice all year-round.
Other programs listed on the BCLS calendar designed for adults looking to kick off the New Year with a new attitude include soft and gentle yoga classes, workshops about decluttering your calendars and your homes, journal writing sessions, and more.
It’s also never too early to think about ways to improve, and teens will discover how to keep their New Year’s resolutions on track by creating bullet journals, and blank journals from recycled material. Plus, teens and tweens alike can have fun making 2017 calendars for their desks and lockers.
Special BCLS programs scheduled for January include:
Introduction to Meditation (for adults)
• Cinnaminson Library on Jan. 10, 6:30 p.m.
• Pemberton Library on Jan. 21, 11 a.m.
• Maple Shade Library, Jan. 23, 7 p.m.
• Evesham Library, Jan. 24, 7 p.m.
• Riverton Library, Jan. 28, 3 p.m.
• Pinelands Library, Jan. 30, 7 p.m.
• County Library, Jan. 31, 7 p.m.
Stress Release though Hypnosis (for adults)
• Pinelands Library, Jan. 3, 6 p.m.
• Bordentown Library, Jan. 24, 6 p.m.
Lose Weight through Hypnosis (for adults)
• Maple Shade Library, Jan. 5, 1 p.m.
Sleep through the Night with Hypnosis (for adults)
• County Library, Jan. 10, 6 p.m.
Journal Binding (for teens)
• County Library, Jan. 6, 6:30 p.m.
Bullet Journaling (for teens)
• Evesham Library, Jan. 9, 6:30 p.m.
• Pemberton Library, Jan. 10, 6 p.m.
Calendar Craft (for tweens and teens)
• Cinnaminson Library, Jan. 9, 3:30 p.m. (ages 9 to 12)
• Cinnaminson Library, Jan. 11, 3:30 p.m. (ages 13 to 17)
BCLS will also celebrate “31 Days of Zen” in January by sharing system-wide programs, resources, and collections via social media to help you keep those resolutions all year long. Follow the library system on Instagram (@bclsreads), Twitter (@askbcls), and Facebook (@burlingtoncountylibrary).
For more information, visit www.bcls.lib.nj.us.
# # #