It’s been a busy few weeks as we resume operations at libraries around Burlington County. With each step our goal remains the same: to ensure our opening schedule provides access to services incrementally while maintaining the health and safety of our customers and staff.
Here’s a look at the steps we’ve taken thus far and our plans to introduce additional services:
June 22: Select BCLS locations began opening preparations.
- This meant accepting returns of the 60,000+ materials that were in customer homes since mid-March.
- We continue to catch-up with the volume of returned materials and the added step of quarantining each returned item.
June 29: Launched our new Curbside Service and resumed Library by Mail.
- Library customers are taking advantage of this to obtain books, DVDs and other library materials from our four operational libraries.
Ongoing: Making the necessary physical changes to our buildings
- Reconfiguring workspaces as well as moving and spacing furniture and computers to allow for social distancing.
- Installing plexiglass shields at public desks and counters.
- Ensuring cleaning and sanitizing procedures are in place.
What’s Next: Welcome customers back to our buildings and open more BCLS locations
- By the end of the month we will open our doors to provide access to public computers at the Burlington County Library.
- In early-August, we’ll expand that offering to our locations in Cinnaminson, Evesham and Pemberton.
- In the final phase, we plan to open our Bordentown location to the public and begin to offer a new of tier of services at Maple Shade, Pinelands and Riverton.
The BCLS team looks forward to safely expanding library services this summer. As these milestones get closer we will share dates and new procedures via email and on our website.