Resource Contact
Benefit Finder

Find out if you are eligible for government benefits by filling out a survey with questions about where you live, your employment status, your income, your health, etc.

Website's National Contact Center at 1-800-FED-INFO (1-800-333-4636), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

This site covers a wide range of health topics from disease outbreaks to preventative measures and healthy living.

Website 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636); TTY: 888-232-6348
Federal Government Forms

A listing of government forms and applications, alphabetical by agency name. Also included at the top of the page are the most requested forms.

Federal Jobs

Resources for finding a job and training opportunities, along with federal job listings.

Federal Services A-Z

An alphabetical directory of all the USA federal services.

Website 1-800-333-4636
Federal Taxes

Download tax forms, determine how to file forms online and where to send paper forms, check on your refund status, and more.

Download forms | eFile information

Website Telephone Assistance for Individuals: Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040; Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).
Health Insurance - Affordable Care Act

Nicknamed "Obamacare." Click through a series of questions about your age, employment status, etc. to find out what type of insurance you qualify for. The Health Insurance Marketplace offers eligibility information and plan options for individuals, families, and small businesses.

Website 1-800-318-2596 ; TTY: 1-855-889-4325
Identity Theft and Fraud

Discover tips for keeping personal information safe, and learn how to report identity theft or fraud should it happen to you.

Additional websites:

Website 1-877-ID-THEFT (438-4338)

Apply for a passport, renew a passport, change passport information, and report a stolen passport.

Search by zip code for the nearest facility:

Website 1-877-487-2778; 1-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY)

The federal source for obtaining patents and trademarks. Search for existing patents and trademarks and learn how to proceed with the patent or trademark process.

Website 1-800-786-9199 (toll-free); 800-877-8339 (TTY)
Product Recalls

Look for recent product recalls and search recalls by item name. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration also publishes a list of food and drug recalls.

Student Aid

From the U.S. Department of Education, Federal Student Aid: Find out if you qualify for grants, scholarships, or student aid.  Apply for, manage, and repay loans.

Website Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC): 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243); TTY (for the hearing impaired): 1-800-730-8913; Locations without access to 800 numbers: 319-337-5665
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Access forms to apply for citizenship, apply for a green card, help a relative immigrate, and more.

Website Toll-free 1-800-375-5283; 1-800-767-1833 (TDD for the hearing impaired)
U.S. Department of Labor

Find information about work-related topics, including :

Website Toll-free 1-877-872-5627
U.S. Health and Human Services

This site covers topics such as mental health, flu prevention, and bullying. It covers disease and prevention as well.

Website Toll Free: 1-877-696-6775
U.S. Office of Disability

Topics covered include education, employment, housing, health, and transportation for people with disabilities. Find information and apply for benefits.

Website  1-866-ODEP-DOL (633-7365)
U.S. Social Security Administration

Access forms, check application status, and manage an online account.

Website Toll-free 1-800-772-1213; TTY 1-800-325-0778
U.S. Veterans Affairs

Information and services for veterans, including health care options, financial assistance, and burial benefits.

Website 1-800-827-1000

Obtain a visitor visa to travel abroad and find information for visitors to the U.S.

Website Visa Services, Public Inquiries Division at 202-485-7600; National Visa Center (Immigrant visa inquiries, including assistance regarding the new DS-260 Online Immigrant Visa Application) call: 603-334-0700 (7:00 am EST to 12:00 pm EST)
Vital Documents

Learn how to replace or request a copy of a vital record (birth certificate, passport, etc.).

Website 1-800-333-4636
Vital Records by State

Look up the procedure for obtaining vital records state-by-state.

Website 1-866-649-8726 (for NJ, all other states listed as well)