The Beverly Free Library, serving Edgewater Park and Beverly, was started in 1895 by the Paragraph Club, a local women’s club. Between 1895 and 1908, the Library moved from house to house, and after 1908 started sharing space with local businesses. In 1923, it was decided the Library needed a building of its own and fundraising began. A local architect was engaged to design it. And in 1929 the Library and War Memorial was dedicated at 441 Cooper Street, where it remains today.
Beverly Free Library is open Saturdays this August!
We are not shortening our summer hours!