Have you ever finished a book and just couldn’t wait to talk to someone about it? If so, we have the perfect solution; join a BCLS book club! Book clubs are a great way to make new friends, talk about books you like (or dislike), gain fresh insights, and hear about new books and authors. Just beware -- your to-read list may grow significantly!
Book clubs offer a wonderful opportunity to learn about new books or revisit old favorites, try a different genre, and meet like-minded people. Some book clubs focus on one particular type of book -- such as romance or mystery -- while others explore a variety of genres. There’s no pressure to read every book; if you don’t like one month’s selection, you can still attend to hear what others think of it!
Book clubs have become quite popular in recent years, and there is a club for everyone. In fact, BCLS has a number of book clubs at various branches, including the Page Turners Book Club at the Burlington County Library. Page Turners is a great group of people who meet at 1 pm on the third Wednesday of every month for a lively discussion about that month’s selection. We’d love to have you join us! Here is the list of dates and the books we’ll be discussing between now and December:
- June 20 - Circle of Friends by Maeve Binchy
- July 18 - The Sunshine Sisters by Jane Green
- August 15 - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- September 19 - The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
- October 17 - Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
- November 21 - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
- December 19 - The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
The list below shows some of the book clubs meeting at other BCLS branches in June and July. For more information, or to sign up for a book club, please check out our calendar of events or call one of our branches.
- June 19, 2 pm, Pemberton - At Bertram’s Hotel by Agatha Christie
- June 25, 2 pm, Evesham - Artemis by Andy Weir
- June 25, 2 pm, Cinnaminson - The Stranger in the Woods by Michael Finkel
- July 5, 7 pm, Riverton - Tess of the D’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
- July 9, 7 pm, Cinnaminson - The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- July 10, 7 pm, Bordentown - The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett
- July 30, 2 pm, Cinnaminson - The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See
Come out June 20 to meet members of the Page Turners Book Club, or choose another book club from the list above. We hope to see you there, and happy reading!