Meet Ms. Chelsea
The Burlington County Library System is so lucky to have a team with wide-ranging knowledge and diverse interests. While many customers may know the names and faces of librarians at their local branch, we want to take the time to introduce more of our staff from around the system.
Hi! I’m Ms. Chelsea, a youth services librarian at the Evesham Library. I started working at the Evesham Library as a student assistant in 2013 with no aspirations of becoming a librarian. It wasn’t until I became a library assistant and worked more closely with the Youth Services Department that I realized what I wanted to do! As a library assistant I’ve worked at Evesham, Bordentown and the Pinelands locations. While working toward my master’s degree, I became a library associate at the Bordentown branch where I officially became a librarian after completing my degree in 2018. Since then, I’ve come full circle and have returned to the Evesham location.
My favorite thing about being a youth services librarian is the variety! I can paint with preschoolers in the morning, assist adults on reference in the afternoon and run a Teen Advisory Board meeting in the evening. The library has so many opportunities to showcase your interests and no two days are ever the same.
Fun facts about me:
- I am a certified spin instructor and teach at The Vicious Cycle and Kennedy Health and Fitness.
- I’m obsessed with Disney and even got engaged in front of Cinderella’s Castle!
- Running is therapeutic for me. I don’t do it for competition but sometimes I like a challenge. In February I’ll be running my second Disney Princess Half Marathon weekend and I love a good Spartan Race.
- I attended RCBC and Rowan University for my undergrad in sociology with a minor in psychology, and Clarion University online for my master’s in information and library science.
- My husband and I have a boisterous calico cat named Hailey who’s the best and she knows it.
- I love crafting of all kinds from drawing and painting to woodworking and Cricuting.