How long will it take to complete the program?
One thousand books may seem like a lot, but if you read just one book a night, you’ll meet your goal in less than 3 years. If you read three books a night, you could reach your goal in just one year!
What books can I read?
You can read books from anywhere. Each branch will have a special 1KBBK collection of books that are a great starting point with books hand-selected by our librarians for this age group.
Can I read the same book again and again?
Yes, every book that your child hears counts towards this program. This includes books read by siblings, books they hear at story time or daycare, or even the same book over and over. Repetition is great for this age!
Why register for this program?
- Simple, fun approach to building literacy skills.
- Promotes reading readiness for kids entering kindergarten.
- Parents are their child’s first and best teacher.
- Instill a lifelong love of reading and books.
- Encourages parent and child bonding.