FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DATE: Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014
BURLINGTON COUNTY LIBRARY PRESENTS “SUNDAYS ON STAGE”
2014 Spring Concert Series Kicks Off March 2 at 2 p.m. in the Auditorium
The 2014 “Sundays on Stage” spring concert series kicks off March 2 with a performance by Andrew Lipke & The Prospects with The Azrael String Quartet beginning at 2 p.m. in the County Library Auditorium in Westampton.
Sponsored by the Burlington County Library and the Burlington County Board of Chosen Freeholders, the one-hour concerts are the perfect way to start (or end) your week. All shows begin at 2 p.m. in the library’s beautiful new 250-seat auditorium and admission is free. Seating is limited and doors open at 1:40 p.m.
The “Sundays on Stage” series was planned with the assistance of Circle of Friends, a non-profit group from Riverton that brings musicians and music lovers together. Performances will feature a range of local talent, from soloists sharing the spirit of American folk music, to ensembles performing a mixture of classic and modern rock favorites.
The Spring 2014 “Sundays on Stage” Schedule
• March 2 - Andrew Lipke & The Prospects with The Azrael String Quartet performs an array of diverse musical selections, from whisper-to-a-roar anthems to introspective ballads.
• March 9 – Spook Handy shares songs that embody the spirit of American folk music.
• March 16 - Charlie Zahm, a successful performer on the Celtic festival circuit, weaves magical moments of Scottish and Irish history for the audience.
• March 30 - Gregg Cagno shares his clear, warm baritone and bold guitar playing.
• April 6 - Beaucoup Blue, the Philadelphia-based father and son duo David and Adrian Mowry, performs blues to blue grass.
• April 27 - The Alfred James Band makes waves with its cello-driven acoustic rock sound.
• May 4 - The Joe Vadala Trio performs a mixture of classic and modern rock favorites.
• May 18 - The Sandy Zio Trio, featuring singer/piano player Zio, performs smooth, adult contemporary music.
• June 8 - Slowey & The Boats performs vintage Hapa Haole music as well as tango, hot jazz, western swing, and more.
• June 22 - The Mark Brown Quartet featuring Siiyara Nelson performs jazz and blues standards with a modern twist and a touch of funk.
# # #