The library welcomes teachers and media specialists to use our services and products. Whether you would like to use databases as a teaching aid or you would like to arrange a tour of our libraries, we encourage you to contact us.
We offer three types of membership opportunities for teachers and library media specialists:
1. For access to library materials and online learning tools
- Full service library cards are given to media specialists. Teachers may obtain library material through their media specialists.
- These Librarian cards are offered to the school media specialist in each school served by BCLS, with no overdue fines charged for these materials.
- The maximum number of borrowed items for the librarian card is 200.
- Materials requested on librarian cards can be picked up at the closest BCLS location.
- Librarian cards expire June 30 and must be re-activated at the start of each new school year.
2. For access to library materials and online learning tools
- Educator cards are given to teachers who live in Willingboro, Moorestown, Mount Laurel or outside of Burlington County, but work in an area that pays the library county tax.
- The maximum number of borrowed items for the educator card is 35.
- Materials requested on educator cards can be picked up at the closest BCLS location.
- Educator cards expire each year.
3. For access to online learning tools
- Teachers serving schools in BCLS communities may obtain Institutional cards to access our online databases and learning products.
The Youth Services staff at your library will be happy to conduct tours for a first time visit or for a class research trip.
Back to School Nights
September is Library Card Sign-Up Month as well as Back-to-School month. Library staff is available to attend Back-to-School Nights. We would be happy to provide Burlington County Library card applications and information about our wide variety of programs and services for both children and adults.
Call your library of choice for more information about either of these services.