The Burlington County Library System is so lucky to have a team with wide-ranging knowledge and diverse interests. While many customers may know the names and faces of librarians at their local branch, we want to take the time to introduce more of our staff from around the system.
Hey library lovers! My name is Shannon Fagan. I have worked for BCLS for almost five years. I began working as a student assistant and then as a library assistant at the Cinnaminson Branch and two years ago I moved over to the Bordentown Branch as a library assistant. At Bordentown, I am lucky enough to work alongside our awesome children’s librarian Ann Marie Latini. We have so much fun! In the Bordentown Branch Youth Services Department, I run the Teen Advisory Board and our teen programming. Currently my teens and I are preparing to appear in the annual Bordentown City Halloween Parade. Look for our Grimm’s Fairy Tale Float!
Some fun facts about me:
- Neil Gaiman is my favorite author. If you have never read anything by Neil, I highly recommend him. He inspired me to start our annual All Hallows Read at BCLS.
- I have a secret love for cheesy romance novels and co-run the Rogues and Roses book club for adults at Bordentown.
- I love Halloween and all things spooky.
- I have dyed my hair blue, purple, silver, red, pink, green, black and now orange. What will it be next? Who knows!
- I have a cat named Moo, who is the greatest cat ever (and boy, does he know it)!
- I enjoy attending cons, renaissance faires and festivals. If the event allows you to show up in a costume, then I’m there.
- My favorite color is black; it’s kind of become a running joke among my co-workers and friends.