The holidays are over, the presents have been unwrapped, but the questions remain. Whether you received that new computer or tech gadget as a seasonal gift, or you decided to splurge a little and treat yourself, learning a new device can be difficult or daunting. But don’t use that gift receipt to return your treasure just yet!
Part of our mission at BCLS is to provide opportunities for learning and that includes connecting you to great resources like Lynda.com, books written by expert teachers alongside library-run computer and tech classes.
Learn it with Lynda
So, how do you use your BCLS library card to take Lynda.com classes for free?
- Direct your web browser to the list of online resources on the BCLS website.
- Scroll down and click on the Lynda.com link (and click it a second time when the little splash page loads).
- You will be prompted to log in with your library card number (no spaces) and your four-digit pin.
- The first time you log in, type your name and email in the spaces provided. You will only need to do this once.
- In the box that appears, search for one of the classes listed below or a different software application you want to learn. You can also browse through the topics provided by Lynda in the menu at the top.
- Computer Literacy for Windows 10
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Essential Training
- Computer Literacy for Mac
- MacOS High Sierra Essential Training
- Android Essential Training
- iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Training
- Learning Aerial Photography with Drones
- Learn Microsoft Office 2016
- Pages 6 Essential Training
- Learning to Shoot with the GoPro HERO 4 and Session 4
- Preparing GoPro Footage for Editing