If your company has progressed beyond the start up phase, you are likely wrestling with challenges such as expanding into new markets, refining your strategy, and building a management team. Executives running a business at ANY stage face with management issues. Here are tools for finding answers:
Adapt to Industry & Competitive Developments
1. Have alerts on industry trends and news updates based on YOUR custom profile delivered automatically to your iPhone or Android device or email. Contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance in setting up your alert
- EBSCO Business Source Elite:: Trade and professional magazines and business journals covering industries, marketing, management and more.
- EBSCO Regional Business News: Regional business publications serving all US metropolitan and rural markets. Great for locating information on small private businesses or niche industries.
2. Frost & Sullivan: Up-to-the-minute, in-depth, global research coverage of major industries.
3. Business & Company Resource Center: Access to industry analyses, company profiles & histories, rankings, investment reports and news.
Build a Team
2. Employment & Labor Law sites:
3. US Bureau of Labor Statistics -- Data, Tables & Calculators: Access "most requested" statistics, complete data files, or use tables to create your own statistical reports. Examples of data sets: Employment; Earnings; Unemployment Statistics; Consumer Price Index; Producer Price Index; Consumer Expenditure Survey; Employer Cost for Employee Compensation.
4. NJ Dept. of Labor and Workforce Development Up-to-date information about New Jersey's workers, wages, jobs and careers, employment and industries, trends and projections, economy and demographics, and more.
Find Funding & Locations for Expansion
- Burlington County Small Business Loan Program
- New Jersey Business Financing & Incentives
- SBA Financing Resources
- Burlington County Dept. of Economic Development & Regional Planning
- New Jersey Site Selection Assistance
Manage & Lead
- Small Business Resource Center : Find knowledge on all major areas of starting and operating a business including financing, marketing, human resources, accounting and taxes
- Entrepreneurship.org: Created by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, this site is designed to help build entrepreneurial economies
Refine Core Strategy:
1. Rethink your company’s core strategy to determine how to sustain competitiveness by increasing sales, improving market share, and finding new markets.
The Business of Innovation video series: CNBC and the world's top business leaders deliver the ultimate playbook for driving innovation. In this breakthrough 5-part series you will receive strategies to increase profitability in a competitive global environment.
- The Human Element (46:34)
- Innovate or Die (46:31)
- Redefining Innovation (46:28)
- The Responsibility Revolution (46.28)
- The Execution Plan (46:27)