When looking for career options, knowing what you are skilled at is a great starting point. Use our recommended assessment tools to discover where your talents lie and then move on to information about careers, salaries, educational requirements. Your exploration will help you discover what a typical day is like at certain jobs or make you aware of special licenses or certifications you may need.
Confused about your CAREER CHOICES---your next JOB? Need expert direction? Take a Career Assessment Test.
- CareerOneStop This U.S. Department of Labor-sponsored portal provides career resources and workforce information for job seekers, students, and career counselors. With its occupation and industry information, salary data, self-assessment tools, and career exploration assistance, this rich resource will help those exploring career opportunities to make informed choices.
- JobStar-Career Guides for Everyone A public library sponsored guide for job seekers including resumes, cover letters, salary surveys and career selection.
- New Jersey Career Assistance Navigator (NJCAN) is a free Internet-based delivery system for accurate, comprehensive, current, and relevant occupational, post-secondary school and financial aid information. NJCAN contains the latest national, New Jersey and local labor market data and projections. NJCAN also includes information on: job interview preparation, resume and cover letter creation, how to keep a job, self-employment, and military occupations.
- New Jersey Licensed Professions and Occupations Directory of professions and occupations from the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs which require a license or certification, with links to the applicable licensing board.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook A classic reference about occupations from A to Z. Compiled by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. Includes a description of the work, training and education needed for hundreds of occupations.
- O*NET OnLine O*NET OnLine is an interactive application for exploring and searching occupations. Includes information on skills, abilities, work activities, and interests associated with over 950 occupations. Search this site by keyword, code or browse by job family.
- US News & World Report Career Guide Find job descriptions and career search advice with this career guide.
- ASVAB Career Exploration Program Developed by the U.S. Department of Defense, the ASVAB career planning and exploration program combines a multiple-aptitude test with an interest self-assessment and a wide range of career exploration tools.
- Wall Street Journal Career Guide From the folks at the Wall Street Journal, find a career, ace the job interview, or improve your resume are some of the resources found on this site.