Whether you are mid-career looking for a change in job or profession or you are interested in vocational or technical career paths there are plenty of resources to help you navigate opportunities.
- CareerOneStop: Education and Training Finder From CareerOneStop and the US Department of Labor, locate regional, state and local training and postsecondary education opportunities by occupation.
- NJ Civil Service Commission Office of Training The NJ Civil Service Commission's Office of Training in partnership with the New Jersey Community College Consortium for Workforce and Economic Development offers a variety of classroom training programs for state and local government employees.
- New Jersey Career Assistance Navigator (NJCAN) is a free Internet-based delivery system for accurate, comprehensive, current, and relevant occupational, post-secondary school and financial aid information. NJCAN contains the latest national, New Jersey and local labor market data and projections. NJCAN also includes information on: job interview preparation, resume and cover letter creation, how to keep a job, self-employment, and military occupations.
- New Jersey's Colleges & Universities A directory of all institutions of higher learning in New Jersey as well as a link to New Jersey Virtual University, a consortium of online learning providers.
- New Jersey's School Directory - Public, Private, Vocational & Technical A directory of all public, private, vocational, and technical schools throughout the state.
- NJ NextStop Lists and describes occupations within an industry and provides statistical overviews that identify earnings and projected growth within that industry. Site also features articles, interviews, and advice from some of the state’s top employers.
- NJ PLACE NJ PLACE provides opportunities to workers to apply the knowledge and skills learned in certified apprenticeship training programs as credits toward a college degree.
- NJ Training Opportunities Search for schools and organizations that provide occupational education and job training opportunities in and around the state. Content covers information on programs offered by each training provider, location and length of training, and costs.
More Education & Training Opportunities
- ACE National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training The American Council on Education's College Credit Recommendation Service (CREDIT) connects workplace learning with colleges and universities by helping adults gain access to academic credit for formal courses and examinations taken outside traditional degree programs.
- BuildingSkills4Work BS4W offers free online training and skill building using interactive lessons in real work situations.
- CourseAdvisor CourseAdvisor is an online research directory for postsecondary education, career training, and professional development. We offer more than 5,000 programs through nearly 300 accredited colleges, vocational/technical schools, professional training centers, and universities.
- GetEducated.com An online degree directory that provides online degree listings and rankings of CHEA (Council for Higher Education Accreditation)-accredited schools.