There are hundreds of foster children in our communities who need stable, loving homes. New Jersey MENTOR is looking for caring people like you to change their lives by becoming foster parents.
You don’t need to be a superhero—just a caring person who’s ready to bring a child into your home and give them a better life. Our foster parents come from all walks of life. They may be retirees or empty-nesters, single parents, same-sex couples, or families with children of their own. And with New Jersey MENTOR you get support every step of the way. Our expert staff will help guide you through the process of becoming a foster parent and provide 24/7 support to help you be successful.
Coffee and donuts/muffins will be provided.
At New Jersey MENTOR, our foster parents provide safe, caring homes to help youth in foster care learn and grow — forever changing their lives. By opening your home and becoming a foster parent, you’ll have opportunities to:
- Make a difference in a child’s life
- Earn a monthly fee (daily rate will depend on the needs of the individual who lives with them) for services you provide in your home
- Receive ongoing skill development and education
- Get 24/7, on-call support from our expert team
- Become part of a network of foster parents around the state who are making a difference at home.
To become a foster parent you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- 21 years or older
- An extra bedroom
- High School diploma or GED
- Other household income source
- Access to appropriate transportation
- Registration Requested